New for the 2018-19 season, rather than having team duals with "Varsity" and "JV" mats, the SIEWC weekly events will be ran as tournaments. The goal is to get every wrestler three quality matches with wrestlers in their own age group and skill level. The following criteria will be utilized when building brackets:
- Age Groups: K-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th
- No weight classes. Wrestlers will be in brackets 10% above to 10% below their certified weight. Certified weights must be completed the week of 12/3 with a licensed referee. (Will be done at practice.)
- A minimum of 4 full mats will be utilized at each event. Wrestlers will be assigned to a mat and wrestle on the same mat all day.
- All bracketing paperwork will be completed at scoring table
- Team rosters due by 10 PM the Thursday prior to the Sunday event.
- Completed brackets will be emailed to Coaches by Noon on Saturday prior to Sunday’s event.